Company registration in Malaysia is handled by “Malaysia Companies Commision” or “Suruhanjaya Syarikat Malaysia”. You can visit the site at http://www.ssm.gov.my.
Basically there are three types of company formation in Malaysia:
- Sole Proprietorship (Pemilikan Tunggal)
- Partnership (Perkongsian)
- Limited Company (Syarikat bermodalkan syer)
The registration process is extremely simple, it usually takes only a day to get your company certificate. Below is some simple guideline on company registration for sole proprietorship and partnership only. For limited company, I’ll post another article as the process is fairly different.
Go to the SSM office, there is one at the Mall, beside Putra World Trade Centre.
- First you take the PNA.42 form and request for your company name by filling up the form and return it to the officer at the counter. You can name it anything you want as long as the officer’s approve it.
- Once you obtain the approval, fill up the Borang A form. You need to fill in the company name, type of business activity, address, owner’s information. Don’t forget to photostat your IC as well.
- Company registration name : RM60
- Company registration according to your name as per IC : RM30
For more information, visit these links (documents are from the SSM website):