Ever wondered what virtual office is? It’s an office where you can use it to meet clients, get a distinguished office address, get a dedicated telephone number, get a dedicated receptionist answering your corporate calls, get a fax number and many more. And it will only cost you below RM150 below per month (depends on the company).
Sounds too good to be true?
Well read below then to know more on virtual office:
Who is it for:
- Home based entrepreneurs
- Micro Entrepreneurs (individuals or anyone with RM10,000 turnover, etc)
Why do you need it? (it depends on you entirely)
- You need a distinguished address other than your home address
- You want an office telephone number and a dedicated receptionist answering your clients call and say; “Good morning, this is ABC Enterprise, how may I help you?”
- You want people to fax to you documents
- You want to meet up important clients but not at home of course!
- You want a workstation when you need to gather your team and discuss your business affairs
- You want to have a good address, working telephone number and fax on your business card.
However there are things you must be cautious when deciding on renting a virtual office:
- The company would always have what I call “hidden costs”. Be sure to call them up and ask for all these utilities or extra costs listing. (These costs may come in the form of photocopy, extra hours charged on meeting rooms or workstations, increase in the number of clients you bring to your office would be charged, etc. )
- Virtual office is a shared-space with others not this-space-is-mine-for-this-month.
- Some virtual office gives you access to their office while some just provide telephone, business address and fax services.
The pros of getting a virtual office in Malaysia?
- Prestigious business address. Imagine your virtual office at The Gardens, Mid Valley City? I had mine months back with my friend during our partnership business.
- A suitable place for you to discuss business with your clients.
- Many more, as long as you are in need of an office on a timely basis.
So if you are a micro entrepreneur and you need an office where you can just meet your clients or do some work when you need to at an office and rather spend time at home managing your business affairs, then virtual office is definitely worth considering for a better image.
You can visit these companies which offer virtual offices services in Malaysia: (I am not their representative whatsoever, call them if you need more info)
- VOS Etanium (IOI Business Park, Bandar Puchong Jaya)
- Flexi Office (Plaza Damas, Sri Hartamas)
- The NOMAD Offices (Menara Hap Seng, Etiqa Twins Tower, The Gardens Mid Valley City, Pavillion KL, Sucasa, Bangsar + Other World Locations in Singapore and Vietnam)
- Servcorp (Menara Standard Chartered, Menara Citibank + other World Locations in Paris, London, etc)