I love this post the most! I am a graduate as well therefore opportunities given to graduates to start up their own business are lots! I’ll post on Graduate Entrepreneurs Fund by SME Bank in the next few days.
What is SKIM Prosper Siswazah?
It’s for graduates who aspires to be trained as an entrepreneur and to startup their own business. Focus is mainly on retailing (peruncitan) but I was informed during Skim Usahawan Siswazah that it is open to any type of business approved at the discretion of PUNB.
What is punb?
Permodalan Usahawan Nasional Berhad. You can go to their website at : http://www.punb.com.my
Who is eligible?
- Bumiputera graduates with at least a diploma
- Aged not more than 33
- Cost of investment is RM500
- 100% bumiputera owned
- New startups or company expansion
What is the interest rate?
It is charged at 3% (during the time i was informed). Without BLR. That means 3% flat with a negotiated grace period. Grace period is the time where you don’t have to pay the loan. For example, you have to pay back in 5 years, the 1st year no need pay and the rest must pay.
What is the financing method:
- Loan amount of Rm5,000 – RM50,000 for sole proprietorship & sdn bhd (1 person or company)
- Payback period is 3-7 years
- Loan amount of RM50,001 – RM100,000 for partnership & sdn bhd (2 person or company)
- Payback period is 5-7 years
For both packages you get advisory services which includes, per operation, accounts management and training during the financing period.
What is the process?
It’s just like SKIM Prosper Peruncitan I posted earlier:
- Register and pass the competency test,
- Go for Kursus Rancangan Perniagaan Prosper Siswazah for 3 days,
- Present your RP, Rancangan Perniagaan or Business Plan as you call it
- Go for Kursus Asas Keusahawanan Siswazah for 4 days
If you are interested, You can get the form by registering online at PUNB E-Borang or contact the secretariat at:
PERBADANAN USAHAWAN NASIONAL BERHAD
Tingkat 10, Blok 1B
Jalan Stesen Sentral 5
Kuala Lumpur Sentral
50470 Kuala Lumpur
Alternatively, you can email email@example.com or call +603 2785 1515